A Free Concert for the Community
“Thank you for bringing the gift of music to so many here in Charlottesville.”
This Charlottesville Symphony patron speaks for music lovers across our community as Kate Tamarkin prepares to retire as Music Director. They are joined by the Joseph and Robert Cornell Memorial Foundation which has expressed its appreciation for Kate’s eleven years of musical leadership by awarding a very special grant.
Underwritten by the Cornell Foundation, Kate and a 32-piece orchestra will present a free concert on Sunday, April 9, 4:00pm, at First Presbyterian Church in Charlottesville. The program includes:
- Britten - Soirées Musicales, Op. 9 (after Rossini)
- Wagner - Siegfried Idyll, WWV 103
- Puccini - I crisantemi (The Chrysanthemums)
- Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 25 in C Major, K.503
Jeremy Thompson, Music Director at First Presbyterian Church, will be the piano soloist in the Mozart concerto. While the concert is free and open to the entire community, seating is limited to 550 and tickets are required.
This is a free concert, but tickets are required and must be reserved through the UVA Arts Box Office. All seating is General Admission; there are no reserved seats. You can reserve tickets online any time, or over the phone at (434) 924-3376 or in person Monday through Friday from noon to 5pm.
Reserved tickets must be picked up in person. We regret that tickets cannot be mailed for this concert. There are three ways to pick up your tickets:
- Pick up your tickets at the UVA Arts Box Office, located in the Drama Building at 109 Culbreth Road (open Monday through Friday, noon to 5pm).
- Pick up your tickets in the lobby at the Saturday, March 25 or Sunday, March 26 Charlottesville Symphony concerts beginning one hour before each performance.
- Pick up your tickets at Will Call at First Presbyterian Church on Sunday, April 9. The Will Call table will be located in the narthex of the church and will be open beginning at 3pm.
Doors to the sanctuary will open at approximately 3:15pm. Please notify the Symphony Office at (434) 924-3139 if you need handicap seating.
Location & Parking
First Presbyterian Church is located at 500 Park Street in Charlottesville. Click here to see the church’s location on Google Maps.
Limited parking is available in the First Presbyterian Church parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis. Additionally, a limited number of handicap parking spaces are located on the side of the church. Parking is also available in the Water Street Parking Garage and on the streets in the neighborhood around First Presbyterian Church. Please obey all posted parking signs.