Old Cabell Auditorium

The Old Cabell Hall auditorium has a seating capacity of 851 and hosts more than 200 public performances and events each year.  Hanging above the stage inside the auditorium is a copy of Raphael's School of Athens that replaced the copy lost in the Rotunda fire of 1895.  This copy was completed in 1900 by George W. Breck and presented to the University as a gift from an anonymous alumnus in 1902. The Skinner Organ in the auditorium was a gift from Andrew Carnegie in 1906 and was dedicated during a recital by Samuel Baldwin on March 18, 1907.

Old Cabell Hall Historical Photos

Old Cabell Hall Booking rules & fees.

Old Cabell Hall Seating Chart

 

Address

McIntire Department of Music
112 Old Cabell Hall
P.O. Box 400176 Charlottesville, VA 22904-4176

Email: music@virginia.edu